Wednesday, July 25, 2012

And so it begins...

(I feel like the Mortal Kombat music should be playing now…)


In May of 2011 I signed up with a surrogacy agency based in Dallas, Simple Surrogacy.  I matched quickly with a very nice couple, but after 9 months we separated without getting to the medications stage.

I was very disappointed that things didn’t work out the way I had hoped, but after a short break of a week or so, I contact the agency again and told them I was ready to match with someone else.

A few days later I was sent ‘M’s’ Profile.  (Until I get his consent I’ll just use his first initial)

I’ve never considered myself to be traditional, but when I realized that he would be a single father I had to really think if I was okay with that.  After really reading the things he put in his profile, then meeting him for dinner, I knew he would be a wonderful father and I really wanted to be the surrogate to help him with that.

A few days later we were an official match.  We started contracts shortly after, and then medications in mid-June.

After 30 Lupron shots, and














67 estrogen pills, and














6 days of Progesterone shots














we transferred two 5 day old beautiful Grade A “hatching” embryos – or Blastocysts more accurately.    














Today, July 25th is officially 4dp5dt (4 days past a 5 day transfer) and I got my very first, very very light, positive pregnancy test!  (I know for non-surro eyes it might be really hard to see, but I promise it's there)














I’m going to keep POAS (peeing on a stick hehe) each day and posting a picture of tests as the second line gets darker and darker.

I'll be continuing the estrogen and progesterone shots for another 61 days (my bottom feels like a pin cushion already).

We have our beta blood test on 7/30 to confirm the pregnancy!


No comments:

Post a Comment